Today’s post is in conjunction with the Blog-A-Licious Blog Tour a fantastic blog hop that brings together bloggers of all genres, backgrounds and locations. In today’s hop, the blog featured before my own of “For Readers, For Writers, For You” is “Peace from Pieces“. The blog featured after mine in the Blog-A-Licious Blog Tour is the captivating “InsideJourneys / Discover a place you missed“. Do stop by and say hello plus some of us are having giveaways and contests. Enjoy!
Writing to me is my saving grace, my therapy, my soul and essence. Writing has always been my way of escaping my own life which is such a cliche but as a young girl I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to live a cliche. It’s my voice, my passion and my drive for life beyond my love for my family.
I’ve been talking to a lot of people about their passion as of late and cannot believe how many people live their life without knowing their purpose. I get so caught up in having always known who I am and wanted to be that it surprises that others are living happily without that confidence. Being able to share my story to those willing to read it motivates me to write, and ironically read, more. Without the words on a page I don’t believe my voice would be heard as I too often catch myself biting my tongue, refusing to speak what needs to be said.
Times like these I turn to writing… whether it be for my blog, a fictional piece or an outcry or pouring of outrage in a book no one will ever see; no matter the form the process of writing to me is soothing. My writings are pieces of glass ready to be smoothed by the sands of time and prying eyes.
Like many writers and authors, I write because I need to but it’s more than that. Writing to me is a way in the world of deserts and swamps, a way out when the path is not already carved and the truth not always heard.
Writing to me is you reading what I feel inside and I thank you for reading,
Blog-A-Licious Blog Tour
Others on the tour include:
1. Paula – http://hardlineselfhelp.com/
2. Stuart – http://bornstoryteller.wordpress.com/
3. Karen – http://karenvwasylowski.blogspot.com/
4. DK Levick – http://dklevick.wordpress.com/
5. Shannon – http://reflectionandreview.com/
6. Corinne – http://www.everydaygyaan.com/
7. Sonia – http://soniarumzi.com/
8. Sulekha – http://sulekkha.blogspot.com/
9. Dora – http://peacefrompieces.blogspot.com/
10. Sarah – http://sarahbutland.com/blog/
11. Marcia – http://insidejourneys.com/
12. Roy – http://royd-spiltmilk.blogspot.com/
13. Janki – http://janukulkarni.blogspot.com/
14. Tina – http://tinahoggatt.wordpress.com/
15. Thelma – http://widowsphere.blogspot.com/
16. Dora – http://blogaliciousblogs.blogspot.com/