I don’t usually revisit my blog posts or edit them afterwards, but this one was brought to my attention in the most unusual, and serendipitous way. Amongst an abundance of spam emails laid this one, the subject line of “quick question”, not even capitalized. It seemed a typical spam start but something nagged at me to look. It wasn’t spam. It was someone, a fellow blogger and editor who stumbled upon this post and asked to be included in it.
I glanced at it, pushing it to the back of my mind for a later further inspection. This morning, I met a young lady who is in the fashion industry and looking for direction on setting up shop. After meeting her I returned home to catch up on a few things and this email nagged at my subconscious. I read it, visited the link and got goosebumps when I realized just how crazy life can be – it’s about a fashion blogger whose site has mysteriously stopped being updated. Giving details on what it was, who the writer was and clarifying that no one really knows what happened in the end. I immediately sent the link to the fashionista I met just hours before and decided that yes, I would link to the site as I promised fifteen blogs and only gave you nine. This one is the ninth but I am now filling in the rest. Enjoy and welcome back!
I would like to thank writer Emily Wheeler for rewarding me with this opportunity to share with you 7 interesting things about myself. In the wonderful world of blogging it’s awesome to have others support literacy and sharing the written word this way and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to pass it on and, in doing so, introduce you to other bloggers.
The rules are as follows:
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them (done!)
Share 7 things about yourself (see below)
Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (again, see below)
Leave a comment on each of their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated (in progress)
Seven things about me:
1) I very easily feel overwhelmed with life but feel amazing when I accomplish anything, no matter how small.
2) I am mostly a circle (for details on this please see Connie Podesta’s site, I promise you’ll be amused)
3) I have a love/ hate relationship with Pepsi but my distaste has been successfully triumphant as of late (too bad I didn’t drink coffee as the caffeine is what I need)
4) Words with Friends is the only Facebook game I play as I find Facebook distracting enough.
5) Being a poet has always been my dream but I turned to children’s books, short stories and novels for a challenge and am loving it. Only certain things and people are leading me back to my days of poetry.
6) Speaking in front of groups scares me to my inner being but it’s a challenge I love facing. I’ve spoken to students many times and shake every time but love that I’m conquering my fear, enjoying myself and crave the chance to do it all over again.
7) My husband says I have a horse shoe inside of me as I win a lot of contests (never the lottery though I should start buying tickets). I have a Kindle filled with won ebooks, a shelf filled with paperbacks and have been to the Atlantic Dream Fest twice after winning tickets.
Now for my 15 bloggers:
1) Joan Harrington
2) The Lovely Pink Diva
3) Muse the Moose
4) Brian and Felicia
5) Margo Dill
6) WOW! Women on Writing
7) Knitting With Pencils
8) Second Wind Publishing
10) The Holistic Writing Studio
15) Your Blog Here – are you a female blogger who I should be reading? Let me know so you can take up this space!