$0.99 isn’t much. Even during the harsh economic times most people spend this mindlessly on a daily basis. As part of a coffee order, gas getting no where, at a dollar store on a small toy you know will only last an hour. Things that bring momentary enjoyment and quick disappointment.
Yet these days $0.99 can go much further when it’s supporting an emerging author. $0.99 to an indie author means:
1) Support to do what they love, follow their dream and make money doing it even if it is just a few cents per sale.
2) Support local – the local author, publisher, book seller, and in turn your local farmer, gas station and that family owned restaurant competing with the big guys.
3) Increase their sales rank – with all the best selling authors out there supported by the big 5 publishers, this sales rank means a tremendous amount and with each book sold your neighbourhood author gets more competitive.
4) The difference between best seller and unknown – With this sales rank comes responsibility. Like golf, the lower the score the better it is and the more people brag about it.
5) Literacy – Most authors work hard every day to improve the literacy rates of their own community. It may sound a bit selfish and I’m sure deep down it may be but deeper still and on the surface, communities rise when their members can read, write and teach and educate.
Skip the coffee today – buy a book and see the ripple effects in your own community.
I could go on and on and on but I think you understand how much your $0.99 will mean to authors like myself who are trying to make a difference in so many lives, including yours.
As soon to be best selling author Cheryl Kaye Tardiff says:
“YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO MAKE A DECISION”
What are you going to do?
Thanks for reading and buying a book today,
author of Sending You Sammy, Brain Tales – Volume One and Arm Farm
PS: All of my ebooks are $0.99 until August 18, 2013. 🙂
The book looks good. I’ll check it out.
That’s a great point about how much you can get with your 99 cents when you buy an ebook. You can’t buy much else for that price, and you can read an ebook again and again.
Congratulations, Susan and thanks for your input!
I hope you enjoy Arm Farm and will come back to visit my site again.