Have you ever gotten stung by a jellyfish? Out enjoying a warm day in the ocean waves and “ouch!” a tentacle of a purplish bell type jellyfish, in fact not a fish at all, reaches your soothing skin?
These ancient creatures have more in common with humans than one may think.
1) Take for instance that sting. The sudden and long lasting effects of someone’s touch on your life you want to be rid of soon. Not often lethal but a memory that will last forever and yet a moment that you want to have pass quickly.
2) Some let the waves of the ocean push them along while others make their own path. Jellyfish, like humans, either float in the world or possess limited swimming powers that allow horizontal movements aligned with the currents.
3) Although our nervous systems are different, jellyfish do have hearts like humans do.
4) Jellyfish, like humans, are mainly made up of water and protein.
5) We’re always reaching. Though we don’t have tentacles like jellyfish, we are always searching and reaching for something more, often something just out of reach. It’s just important to realize whatever we touch has lasting effects on the entire universe.
So please, never underestimate or look down on something different than you. Rejoice in its similarities and broadem your horizons with nature.
Thanks for reading,