1) You have time to sit, relax and be creative with the ingredients you have in the house to make the most delicious and surprising meals you ever did eat.
2) Be prepared with good friends, a family that is getting along and board games. You don’t have to worry about all those errands you needed to run as no one is open anyway!
3) Good books that you never have time to read. Scour your shelves, your bags and headboards to find that bookmark shoved in the middle of a book you forgot to start reading. Then get under your blanket, light a candle or turn on the light and enjoy!
4) Time to soak in the tub without feeling guilty about not running the roads. Get the bubble bath, good book, plenty of hot water (make sure it’s hot enough that when you first dip your toe in you take it back out and you’re as red as a flame) and enjoy.
5) Fireplaces and candles and fires, oh my! Be careful with this one but light a few candles just in case your power flickers than curl up with your loved ones beside the roaring fire and share anecdotes, positive funny ones, about your day. Be sure to add some extras to have people guessing if you’re a comedian or an hilarious klutz!
For us in the Maritimes, in Canada and those in Boston right now and beyond, enjoy the weather for all it brings, thank those who work hard while you’re stuck to get you out and rejoice that you can wear more clothes to be warm but in there are some summer days you can’t shed enough!
Thanks for reading,